Renewable Power Conversion, Inc. was founded in March 2011 with the acquisition of Schneider Electric,
Renewable Business Unit R&D facilities, in San Luis Obispo, California, by Rick West, former Director of Engineering and Engineering
Fellow with Schneider Electric.
RPC is an independent company, wholly owned by U.S. citizens.
The RPC team has extensive experience in bringing advanced power inverters to market.
Previous advanced products developed by the current project team members/employees at our San Luis Obispo facility under previous owners/employers include:
- The first 97% CEC efficient three phase inverter approximately ten years prior to the next
manufacturer attaining this level of performance. (UPG Model 18U)
- A 250kW bipolar inverter with multiple bridges running with skewed pulse width modulation. (US Patent 7,046,527 West)
- An advanced 500kW 3LNP clamp liquid cooled inverter.
- A high reliability, off-grid inverter power core, the first to use a high current power assembly based on an Insulated Metal Substrate. (US Patent 7,248,483 West)
- The development of a universal, high frequency, bi-directional multiport power conversion system. (US Patent 7,102,251 West)
- Six other commercial single-phase and three-phase PV inverter products from 1kW to 20kW for various clients.
RPC will utilize an established contract manufacturer in the US to provide all PCB manufacturing and product assembly and testing operations. This capital efficient approach is used by companies ranging from Apple to Nike for products that do not require unique or specialized capital equipment for manufacturing.